The Devil The Seasoning


Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Commençons?


Dear Sasha,

I am writing to say I have almost fully decided to start a blog. Of course, I am the first to hate the self-indulgent, micro-focused writers of blogs, and by extension blogs themselves, but who am I to deny my own obsession with moi-même, let alone feign interest in big-picture issues?

My blog, because I am a snowflake, is going to be about food.

The blog will include content such as what delicious items I am most into at the moment (and perhaps what delicious items my friends are into, if they’re sensible enough to like legitimately delicious items), what hilarious foodstuffs are currently causing foodborne illness according to the FDA, my opinions on the programs I am importantly viewing on the Food Network, my impressions on food essays such as the ones I’m reading right now by Jeffrey Steingarten, and various insights into how to eat the best food without getting fat.

Now for the part where you give me your opinion: for a title, I am interested in a James Joyce quote (curiously enough, one in French) that says “Dieu a fait l’aliment, le diable l’assaisonnement”. I want my blog to be quite pretentious, so I am thinking of calling it Le Diable L’Assaisonnement. What do you think? Does anyone actually type in web addresses anymore? This is the only disadvantage I can see to creating www.lediablelassaisonnement.com

A+,
Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment